Powerful women are steadily scaling the heights of traditionally male-dominated industries. This march forward is the result of hundreds of years of struggle of women who refused to give up in the face of difficulty. The freedom and rights bestowed upon women of today are the blessings of our grandmothers.
Here are some quotes by powerful women that will remind you to embrace your true self. These quotes by powerful women will not only inspire you but also tell you the responsibility you have for the next generation.
1. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.” – Ruth Bader Ginsberg
2. “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble.” – Serena Williams
3. “Think like a queen. A queen if not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
4. “Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light.” – Frida Kahlo
5. “If you’re always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” – Maya Angelou
6. “Tolerance and compassion are active, not passive states, born of the capacity to listen, to observe and to respect others.” – Indira Gandhi
Be it the ones from this current generation or the ones from previous generations, these quotes by powerful women have been inspiring little girls throughout the world. An empowered girl of today will become the iron lady of tomorrow.
7. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
8. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
9. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
10. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou
11. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” – Beyoncé
12. “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.” – Sheryl Sandberg
13. “I had two options. One was to remain silent and never to speak and then to be killed by the terrorists. The second option was to speak up for my rights and then die. And I chose the second one.” – Malala Yousafzai
14. “Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.” Arundhati Roy
15. “There is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.” – Virginia Woolf
16. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
17. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” – Mother Teresa
If you love these quotes by powerful women, make sure you work hard each day. Maybe in the future, it would be your words being quoted along with the likes of these stalwarts! Never stop dreaming!
By Sudipa Majumder/ Truth Theory
The post Quotes By Powerful Women To Remind You Of Your Strength appeared first on TruthTheory.